Sunday, May 29, 2011

This walking thing is hard.


I decided my big project for the month was to get on my own two feet and start walking. But this was much harder than I expected. First, I had to pull myself up, then balance on ths big ol' lion thing, but I haven't quite made the big step. I'm getting there.


But the other thing I did was get baptized. I have no idea exactly what that means, but I got to wear the same pretty pink dress Sadie wore for her baptism. But it was a little odd when some big guy took me from Mom and held me and then sprinkled water on my head. Sadie apparently knew what all of this was about because the day before she took her water bottle and sprayed me on the head until I was soaking wet. I handled all of this water stuff very well. But then the big guy held me up in front of the crowd and they all agreed that they would teach me the ways of Jesus. I don't know who he is, but afterwards we went to brunch at Matthew's 1600 - at that point I could've used a mimosa. But instead I got a bottle and some mushy apple stuff.


In the midst of all of this, we got a new couch for our new house. Mom plopped me down while I was wearing nothing but a diaper and took this picture with her iPhone. Then she played around with it and made it an artsy Black and White photo. It looks better than the color one... you can't tell as much that I have a big bruise on my forehead from one of those attempts to walk. Sadie said that happened to her a lot. There are lots of photos where she ran into stuff and got some bumps and bruises.

No comments:

Post a Comment